Friday, May 8, 2015

FEATURE #2 FROM MY FUTURE BOOK!

Hey friends! To keep myself on my targeted deadlines, and to present a little taste of what will be coming from my book, I have decided to share a piece twice a week with you throughout May! The basis of my book is founded in being happy and whole; targeting the three aspects of daily life that I have found brought me genuine happiness! Without a doubt in my mind or heart, I feel that it is essential to nurture your physical, mental, and spiritual health daily, in order to prosper and truly make the most out of each day. I hope that you enjoy these little shares, and I look forward to presenting and sharing the completed works with you soon! With love, Leeana ---------- Today's excerpt- Focusing on physical health: --- PHYSICAL WORKOUT: Veggie Stew! 1 can organic stewed tomatoes, 1 can organic pinto beans, 1 cube chicken or vegetable bouillon, 2 cups frozen broccoli, 2 cups frozen cauliflower, 3 tsp Jamaican curry powder, 1 tbsp turmeric, 1 tbsp minced garlic, 2 tbsp rice flour. In a large pot, fill halfway with filtered water. Bring to a boil and add bouillon cube and spices. Once cube has fully dissolved, add tomatoes and beans. Return to boil and then reduce heat to low-medium. After about 20-30 minutes, add broccoli and cauliflower. When all veggies have softened enough to liking, slowly whisk in rice flour, to thicken. Serve with grain, rice, bread, or pasta of choice! --- Recipe notes: If you choose to use fresh broccoli and cauliflower, be sure to add them immediately after the bouillon cube and spices (with the beans), so they have time to soften. I love eating this by itself, with brown rice, or especially with buckwheat. If we make it on a day off, baking a fresh loaf of bread would be my dream pairing, though! It's flavorful enough to eat without a hearty side, but I love having something to sop this stew up with! I prefer eating it right after it is prepared, but it would also be good, warm or cold, in a power bowl full of other nutrient dense foods!

No comments:

Post a Comment